Expert Acupuncturist John Kim specializes in ACUPUNCTURE Eye Care
Specialist in Acupuncture Eye Care
“I shut my eyes and the all the world drops dead; I lift my eyes and all is born again." Sylvia Plath
It is inevitable fact that as people age, their vision becomes diminished. The most prevalent complaint of advanced age- related visual problems include unfocused, blurry, and weakened vision. The Vision Council of America estimates that approximately 75% of the adult American population will end up using some sort of vision corrections or corrective eye care while the American Academy of Ophthalmology reveals that currently about 2/3 of adults have existing vision or eye problems already. These corrections include the use of eye glasses, laser surgeries, cataract repair, glaucoma pressure release, etc..
The three common causes of eye dysfunction/ degeneration are:
- Poor Circulation
- Oxidative Stress
Acupuncture is very effective for treating wide ranges of conditions for the eye. The concepts of acupuncture along with proper nutrition and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) have proven to help treat many disorders such as macular degeneration, retinitis pigmentation, poor night vision, dry eyes, early stages of cataracts and chronic glaucoma. Combining Western medicine’s approach along with acupuncture and TCM have shown marked improvements on treating eye conditions that is supported by medical research.
- University of Pittsburgh conducted a study demonstrating that patients treated with acupuncture for dry eye over a six- month period reported improvement in symptoms, such as less scratchiness and less redness. The results were still improved months after the treatment.
- A study found that the acupuncture recipients produced more natural tears of good quality, and experienced fewer symptoms of eye dryness.
- Another study shows that people who received acupuncture along with vision- glaucoma surgery recovered more efficiently than people who received surgery or Western medicine alone.
- A study published in April 2020, showed a group of patients having completed four treatment sessions for glaucoma, exhibited reduced intraocular pressure both an hour after the treatment, and generally, overall.
- Acupuncture treatment can increase the supply of blood flow to the eye in glaucoma patients according to this research.
Fast Relief Acupuncture has developed an efficient protocol in treating many different eye disorders. We are using a holistic system that not only treats the eyes but also the corresponding internal organs that can contribute to degeneration of your eye health. Our goal of treating your eyes include:
- Awakening ‘sleeping’ photo- receptors
- Help control inflammation and oxidative stress
- Increase the repair and regeneration function of local stem cell activity
- Increase parasympathetic response
- Stimulate the overall visual system
- Help repair the vascular system of the eye
- Maintain the health of the overall eye organ
It is encouraged that the prospective patient brings in their recent eye exams (within 3 months). We will measure the effectiveness of the treatments through the exams pre and post treatment visits cycles.
About John Kim
My name is John Kim, a licensed acupuncturist in the great state of NJ and NY. Since 2000, I have worked, learned, and honed my skills in search of providing the most effective acupuncture treatments in providing pain relief. I am proud to introduce Fast Relief Acupuncture, a combination of modern sports medicine techniques that help with not only pain relief but also provide faster recovery from injuries along with increased athletic performance!
Why Fast Relief Acupuncture? Results!
Results are just as important to our me as they are to you! Our office is highly committed to working hard to achieve the results that you desire for your migraine relief.