Today, more than ever, Americans are dedicating copious amounts of hours to work. Normal, typical working hours during the week are a thing of the past as professionals take on extra over-time gigs to grab promotions, finish work and provide for their families. Stressful work environments have caused our generation to bring jobs home with us, push through our sick days, and ignore the ability to take a paid vacation. Although this new generation has earned the right to be called, "hardworking and dedicated", the extra work is wreaking havoc on our bodies.
There may not be a solution to ease your workload, but there is a natural, effective way to relief the stress that you accumulate during the week (and even on the weekends for the overachievers out there). Acupuncture can help to relax your mind and rest your busy body. Here are ten ways that acupuncture can be beneficial if you work in a stressful environment:
1) Minimizes stress and relieves tension- Acupuncture appointments take place in a relaxing, stress-free environment (there will be no bosses lurking over your shoulder!). As you escape the outside world, an acupuncturist will begin opening up blocked channels throughout your body that will enable proper energy to flow freely once again. This will revive your body, ultimately releasing stress hormones and reducing anxiety by providing an outlet for finding inner happiness.
2) Creates a relaxed posture which ultimately reduces muscle and joint pain- When your body is constantly tense, especially if you sit at a computer most of the day, your muscles and joints will stiffen up, causing aches and pains. Acupuncture can help your body relax. When your body relaxes, the mind relaxes, reducing the physical pressures on the rest of your body.
3) Allows for frequent headache relief- Demands of the job including over-time hours, heavy workloads, multiple daily meetings or stressful managers can cause an unwanted string of headaches. Studies have shown that acupuncture can actually suppress the body's "migraine center" by releasing neurotransmitters in the brain that stop the feelings of pain.
4) You could gain better sight- Although acupuncture cannot fix your 20/60 vision, it can help relieve neck tension which is directly correlated with vision issues such as fuzziness or fogginess. Staring at a computer screen for 8+ hours a day can take a toll on your vision by causing your eyes to become tired. Adding an acupuncture session to your week can reset your sights on a stress-free day of typing. It is also believed to help cure diseases such as cataract disease and glaucoma!
5) Provides more vacation days and less sick days- Yes, even YOU need a vacation day! We know that you love to work but enabling yourself to take a break occasionally is important for your health. Acupuncture can fight off bad pathogens by promoting your bodily systems to work more effectively while boosting your immune system! Instead of taking a sick day, feel well enough to fly somewhere tropical!
6) Zaps a fuzzy mind and channels increased energy- There are some days when it seems impossible to complete the pile of work in front of you. Whether you believe it is a lack of caffeine or a deprivation of sleep, it is probably your overall health that has suffered from your constant and demanding schedule. Acupuncture can be used to relieve the blocked channels in your body, which will then rid of stress and release "feel good" hormones called endorphins and relaxins which aid in increased energy and better sleep.
7) No more running to the bathroom! - Acupuncture regulates digestive issues by enabling the body's systems to work together in unison. When our body is in homeostasis, our organs work properly. Regular acupuncture appointments mean no more embarrassing sprints to the bathroom.
8) Provides relief from allergies- Acupuncture treatments have greatly advanced over the last decade. In fact, researchers have implemented a specific treatment that is 80-90% effective at improving, and in some cases curing, allergies! Soliman Auricular Allergy Treatment is a quick and simple acupuncture treatment. After a period of three weeks, the patient can not only be free from seasonal allergies, but even allergies to medications and foods. Say goodbye to Claritan filled days of work and hello to being medication free!
9) Curbs the snacker- Do you spend your workday snacking away at your desk? Have you spent all your spare quarters on the overpriced packages of chips and pretzels in your company's vending machine? Snacking can cause unwanted weight gain and unhealthy eating habits, which in turn causes stress from a self-love point of view. Acupuncture can help curb your junk cravings by detoxing your body! Acupuncture treatments release hormones that enable the body to refocus on what's most important, being healthy!
10) You will have fewer bodily injuries- Workers today are missing days because of injuries on-the-job, often due to overworked bodies and exhausted minds. Although we cannot totally avoid on-the-job injuries, acupuncture can prevent the need for surgery or even medications if an injury does occur. Acupuncture releases natural morphine-like substances. By quickly and naturally healing your body, you will be less stressed about missing important days of work.
The benefits of acupuncture's ability to fight stress are limitless. Working may always cause certain levels of stress, but regular acupuncture appointments can decrease the affects that stress will have on your body short-term and long-term. Put your health first and you will be able to give more to your job, your family and yourself.
My Name is John Kim
I have been a licensed acupuncturist since 2000. When I first started my acupuncture career, my primary goal as a practitioner was to help people anguishing from living with pain everyday of their lives. I have seen on numerous occasions what chronic pain can do to a person physically but also seen how it can debilitate a person’s psyche as well.
Throughout the years, I have studied, developed and incorporated a very unique treatment protocol that has successfully treated and effectively reduced pain levels on chronic pain patients. I have combined traditional methods of acupuncture along with modern, research proven techniques to help reduce chronic pain symptoms in a safe, non- chemically addictive, and effective process.
If you have any of the following:
- Headache/ Migraine
- Arthritis/ Stenosis
- Nerve pain
- Neck/Back pain
- Fibromyalgia pain
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Scar Tissue
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Do not hesitate and contact me!
I am here to help you to feel your very best!
Submit your e-mail address for future specials, offers, and news for my loyal patient base and to share with your friends!