Whether you suffer from severe migraines on a daily basis, or they rattle your brain only a few times a year, finding a working solution can be a pain, pun intended!
There are countless times when traditional medicine simply does not work, but, where else is there to turn? Believe it or not, Fast Relief Acupuncture may have the potential cure that you have been looking so hard for.
Acupuncture was first discovered and used in ancient China when it was believed to help channelize "Qi", or energy, found in 12 main channels called meridians. The meridians were said to represent the major organs and functions of the body.
When individuals develop diseases, it is believed that the channels, or meridians, that allow the energy to flow are blocked. Acupuncture is a process where thin metal needles are placed along the blocked channels. The channels will become unblocked which ultimately allows the "Qi" to flow freely once again.
Over the next few centuries this practice developed into an important health, diet, massage and heat therapy in China. Acupuncture's popularity eventually spread wide and far, even reaching the United States, where it has become a highly sought-after way to manage pain.
HOW CAN ACUPUNCTURE HELP MIGRAINES?
Does the above process sound interesting to you? If you've been suffering from migraine pain, Acupuncture could work for you. Here are five ways that Acupuncture relieves migraine pain.
- Acupuncture is believed to directly affect the Autonomic Nervous System (ANS). The ANS is defined as "the part of the nervous system responsible for control of the bodily functions not consciously directed, such as breathing, heart-rate, and digestive processes". Acupuncture can promote the release of hormones called endorphins and relaxins, which ultimately control your ANS by providing natural pain medication and the sense of relaxation, which is highly important to migraine sufferers.
- Acupuncture also works with your Central Nervous System (CNS), which consists of nerve tissues that control the brain and spinal cord. When Acupuncture needles are inserted, it is believed that the needle stimulates Delta Fibers which control the closing of the brain receptors that recognize pain.
- Evidence shows that the practice of Acupuncture can aid the body in releasing natural morphine-like substances by stimulating the Opioidlergic System. Don't worry, you won't need a prescription!
- Trials using Acupuncture to suppress migraines have shown amazing results when it comes to long-term pain management. One trial in particular, studied the Nociceptive Trigeminal Nucleus Caudalis (that's a mouthful!), or better known as the human body's "migraine center". During the study, Acupuncture suppressed the migraine center by releasing neurotransmitters that stopped the feelings of pain (Murray, S. 2018).
- Acupuncture is not only medically proven to aid in the suppression of migraines, but it is also a natural, healthy way of healing the body. A doctor can prescribe you medicine for pain management, however, an Acupuncture specialist can naturally rid of your migraines by using a cost-effective, typically pain-free method!
If other treatments have not worked for you, or if you're just simply interested in giving Acupuncture a try, please contact us at: 201-891-5599. We are excited to be a part of your journey to living life pain-free!
Please remember to always consult your doctor if you are currently taking any medications.
Submit your e-mail address for future specials, offers, and news for my loyal patient base and to share with your friends!