The last year has brought forth much uncertainty, especially when it comes to traveling. You may have found yourself cancelling your vacation or rescheduling family visits due to the pandemic. With many airlines now opening for travel around the country, travelers are finally getting back into their routines, but with a few stipulations in place to keep everyone safe and healthy.
Traveling, with new mask and social distancing rules, may come with elevated anxieties beyond the typical ones experienced such as motion sickness, dehydration, jet lag and bodily aches and pains. Popular natural therapies enable travelers to feel more comfortable, healthier, and overall satisfied with their flight and traveling adventures. Acupuncture, a safe and affordable treatment, can aid frequent or new fliers in maintaining an elevated level of health while enjoying their business or vacation trips close by or around the world.
Fast Relief Acupuncture has compiled a list of the top seven most important things to do when preparing to fly. These tips will make you feel your best and enjoy your trip at the highest level!
- Eat healthy- Our office promotes healthy eating daily, but it is extremely important to watch what you eat during the days before your trip leading up to boarding the plane. Eating lots of vegetables and taking vitamin C supplements can boost your immune system. Not only is this important for remaining healthy in this current world state, but it also can protect you from daily viruses that contaminate high traffic areas, such as airports and planes.
- Drink lots of water- Just like eating healthy, it is vital to stay hydrated, especially when a long travel day is involved. Drinking lots of water keeps your bodily systems, including your organs and digestive system, working properly. It also enables your muscles to recover quicker from jet lag.
- Take herbal supplements- There are many immune boosting herbal supplements at your local drug store or acupuncture office. One of the most popular is Elderberry Syrup. Elderberry Syrup contains great immune boosting nutrients that enable you to feel your best and keep from getting sick. Plus, it is all natural!
- Do not drink and fly- We know that you may feel braver with a little alcohol in your system, but we also highly recommend staying away from the taps before and during your flight. Alcohol can make you extremely dehydrated, contributing to jet lag. It is also a major cause of motion sickness. You do not want to start your trip off leaning over the toilet, especially on a plane.
- Make sure to stretch- Stretching before taking off is a fantastic way to loosen your muscles, ligaments and tendons and trigger relaxation. When sitting for extended periods of time, your muscles tighten which cause unwanted aches and pains. Make sure to stretch those legs underneath the seat in front of you and stretch your arms high toward the ceiling often during your flight.
- Bring a neck pillow and lumbar support- There is nothing worse than waking up in your seat, your neck throbbing and stiff because your head fell over in an abnormal position. A neck pillow provides amazing support for when you want to take a quick snooze or while enjoying a free movie!
- Get acupuncture before you fly- Fast Relief Acupuncture highly recommends an acupuncture appointment, or several, before your trip. Not only will our treatments get you in tip-top shape for your business trip or vacation, but it will also provide you relaxation. Our appointments are always anxiety and stress-free and bound to give you exactly what you need before boarding.
Are you planning a trip soon? Do not forget the above tips when preparing for your flight. Most importantly, schedule your acupuncture appointment today to receive the best benefits of health that will travel alongside you to your destination.
Fly with Fast Relief Acupuncture to your superior health destination!
My Name is John Kim
I have been a licensed acupuncturist since 2000. When I first started my acupuncture career, my primary goal as a practitioner was to help people anguishing from living with pain everyday of their lives. I have seen on numerous occasions what chronic pain can do to a person physically but also seen how it can debilitate a person’s psyche as well.
Throughout the years, I have studied, developed and incorporated a very unique treatment protocol that has successfully treated and effectively reduced pain levels on chronic pain patients. I have combined traditional methods of acupuncture along with modern, research proven techniques to help reduce chronic pain symptoms in a safe, non- chemically addictive, and effective process.
If you have any of the following:
- Headache/ Migraine
- Arthritis/ Stenosis
- Nerve pain
- Neck/Back pain
- Fibromyalgia pain
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Scar Tissue
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Do not hesitate and contact me!
I am here to help you to feel your very best!